Spied: Suzuki Solio spotted testing in India
The Suzuki Solio has been spotted testing in Gurugram, India fueling speculation that it could replace the ageing Wagon R. The car was spotted sans camouflage and coincidentally, next to the current Wagon R. Going by the pictures, the Suzuki Solio is a lot bigger than the Wagon R. It is taller, longer and wider and the design is boxy, much like the shape of the current Wagon R. The Solio features an upright windshield, clear lens tail lamps and a roof spoiler as well.
The front end looks very Japanese, thanks to a short bonnet and a thick, chrome slat grille. The rear door slides open to access the rear bench. The Solio can seat up to five occupants.
The interior is as funky as the exterior, featuring a centrally mounted instrument cluster and centre console mounted gear stick. A touchscreen infotainment system is available in the top trims.
Internationally, the Solio is available in with a 1.2-litre petrol motor with mild hybrid technology. The engine produces 91PS and 118Nm. Transmission options include AMT and CVT gearboxes.
While Maruti Suzuki has confirmed if it intends to launch the Solio in India, we expect the carmaker to showcase the Solio at the 2018 Auto Expo to gauge customer reactions. The Wagon R, meanwhile has grown long in the tooth now and is need of an update soon.
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign