Spied: Suzuki Solio spotted testing in India
The Suzuki Solio has been spotted testing in Gurugram, India fueling speculation that it could replace the ageing Wagon R. The car was spotted sans camouflage and coincidentally, next to the current Wagon R. Going by the pictures, the Suzuki Solio is a lot bigger than the Wagon R. It is taller, longer and wider and the design is boxy, much like the shape of the current Wagon R. The Solio features an upright windshield, clear lens tail lamps and a roof spoiler as well.
The front end looks very Japanese, thanks to a short bonnet and a thick, chrome slat grille. The rear door slides open to access the rear bench. The Solio can seat up to five occupants.
The interior is as funky as the exterior, featuring a centrally mounted instrument cluster and centre console mounted gear stick. A touchscreen infotainment system is available in the top trims.
Internationally, the Solio is available in with a 1.2-litre petrol motor with mild hybrid technology. The engine produces 91PS and 118Nm. Transmission options include AMT and CVT gearboxes.
While Maruti Suzuki has confirmed if it intends to launch the Solio in India, we expect the carmaker to showcase the Solio at the 2018 Auto Expo to gauge customer reactions. The Wagon R, meanwhile has grown long in the tooth now and is need of an update soon.
- NewsAprilia 150cc motorcycles' India launch pushed ahead - focusing on electrification and BSVI compliancy
- NewsRevolt's all-electric motorcycle to be launched in India today
- News2019 Mahindra Thar 700 limited edition 4x4 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsHonda Amaze Ace edition launched at Rs 7.89 lakh to celebrate 1 lakh sales in 13 months
- NewsMG Hector SUV reaches dealerships ahead of official India launch