Spied: Tata Kite 5 spotted testing in India
The Tata Kite 5 was recently caught testing on the outskirts of Pune, Maharashtra. The sub-compact sedan was revealed, in concept form, at the 2016 Auto Expo and has managed to garner a lot of interest since then. Essentially, the Kite 5 is the to-be-launched Tiago, with a boot.
While the car in the picturesis heavily camouflaged, we expect the production-spec vehicle to closely resemble the car that was shown at the expo. Based on what we saw, the Tata Kite 5's design looks striking, especially the rear, with its coupe roofline that flowssmoothly tothe boot. The tail lamps too are neatly integrated, givingthe Kite 5 a balanced look unlike many sub-compact sedans. The front fascia, looks exactly like the Tiago, with bug-like headlamps and a piano finish, honey-comb grille. Expect the interior to resemble Tiago as well. However, Tata may play with the shades to add some distinction.
The Tata Tiago will get an 85PS 1.2-litre, three cylinder Revotron petrol motor and a 70PS 1.05-litre, three cylinder Revotorq diesel engine. The Kite 5 should also get the same engines, although with improved refinement since Tata has been working on it post the first drive of the Tiago (Zica).
We expect Tata to launch the car around the festive season this year. The Kite 5 will slot in a notch below the Tata Zest and other compact sedans.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally