Spied: Tata Nexon spotted on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
Tata Motors showcased the near production-ready version of the Nexon at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Tata Nexon is the first sub-4m SUV from Tata Motors and will compete with the Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the recently launched Mahindra NuvoSport. A fully camouflaged test vehicle was spotted on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
As seen from the images, the camouflaged test mule doesn't reveal anything, except that the trim was a base. However, the Nexon displayed at the expo featured projector lights with LED daytime running lamps. It has a muscular front profile which was carried through to the rear. The Tata Nexon has a ground clearance of 200mm and rides on 16-inch wheels with 215-section tyres on them. Instead of making it look like a conventional SUV, Tata designers have added a unique floating roof as seen on some of the hatchbacks. The Tata Nexon will be the third car after the Tiago and Kite5 to use the new Impact Design language.
Powering the upcoming Tata Nexon will be a new family of 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines and these won't be branded Revotron and Revotorq, as confirmed by Tata Motors. While there is no official date about the launch of the Tata Nexon, we believe it will arrive by the end of this year or early 2017.
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6