Spied: Tesla Semi electric truck spotted testing
Tesla Inc. debuted the Semi electric truck in a grand event last month. At the time of unveiling of the electric truck, Musk states that the trucks will go into production in the next two years. While the event did give us an idea of what the Tesla Semi electric truck would look like, it has been recently spotted doing rounds around one of Tesla's facilities.
Tesla Semi Truck #tesla #teslasemi #teslasemitruck #truckspotted #carspotted #carporn #truckporn #allelectric #electric #instavid #vidoftheday #teslahawthorne #teslahq #teslaheadquarters #teslaroadster #roadster/p>
The all-electric Tesla Semi truck bears a distinct design thanks to the flexibility afforded by the lack of a big diesel motor under its hood. The Tesla Semi has enough power to propel itself to 100kmph in 5 seconds, and this timing with its max payload of 36,000kg stands at 20 seconds. The Semi truck can even climb up a 5 per cent gradient at 105kmph, something a diesel-powered competitor will accomplish at no more than 72kmph. The aerodynamics of the Tesla Semi result in a lower drag coefficient than on a supercar, claims Tesla Inc.
Tesla Semi electric truck is expected to arrive in the international markets by 2020
The Tesla Semi uses individual electric motors on each wheel, which are also found on the Tesla Model 3. It also uses the same door handles as the Model 3. The electric power, however, has been used here so as to maximise function. The Semi charges up at solar-powered Megachargers and can get 640-odd miles of range on a 30-minute charge.
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range