Spied: Yamaha YZF-R25 production version spotted testing in Indonesia
The Yamaha YZF-R25 was first seen at the Tokyo Motor Show last year in the form of the R25 concept and then thereafter at the Auto Expo. Now spy images of the production version have been spotted testing on the streets of Indonesia. The bike is Yamaha's performance sports bike for the Indian market and is rumored to be launched in the country by the end of the year.
Spy images of the production version have been spotted testing on the streets of Indonesia
The R25 concept had dimensions of 2000mm, 720mm and 1140mm in length, breadth and height respectively and the production version will more or less feature the same measurements as well. The R25 is likely to be powered by a liquid cooled, four-stroke, 250 cc, two cylinder engine. For the Indian market, in the interest of pricing it competitively, Yamaha may resort to a single cylinder motor. The expected power figures lies between 35-37PS and the bike will run a six-speed transmission. Further details are being kept under wraps as of now. The power figures are good but what will really add to the performance is the weight of the motorcycle which we believe will be kept low.
The bike is based on the R25 Concept showcased at the Tokyo Motor Show last year
The bike will probably make its way to India via the CKD route. The success of this sports bike in India will depend on the price that Yamaha decides on. We will keep you updated on any further news as soon as we hear it.
The bike will probably make its way to India via the CKD route
Image Credits: iwanbaran.com
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally