Sportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
At the recently concluded 2018 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show, Toyota Indonesia previewed a sportier version of the Toyota Yaris (Vios in Indonesia) sedan. This iteration, termed the TRD Sportivo, gets a number of cosmetic upgrades over the standard car.
Additions to this car include a new front splitter with red accents, larger diamond cut alloys, piano black finish on the wing mirrors. The rear gets a new rear bumper with an ornamental diffuser and intakes. The roof is also finished in black, while new side skirts accentuated with TRD branding on the rear doors complete the look. The interiors get contrasting seats in red and black with TRD logos on the backrest.
In what seems like a missed opportunity, there are no mechanical changes to the TRD Sportivo. The Indian version of the Yaris gets a 1.5-litre petrol motor which produces 107PS and 140 Nm of torque. Transmission options are a seven-speed CVT and a six-speed manual. See a detailed list of the Toyota Yaris'svariants and features here.
Toyota India has introduced TRD Sportivo version of its other cars in the Indian market earlier like the Etios Liva and the last-gen Fortuner. The addition of a sportier variant such as this to the Yaris range in India could help car stand out more in the competitive segment it competes in. Notable rivals to the Yaris include the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
Image Source: IndianAutosBlog
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000