Sportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
At the recently concluded 2018 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show, Toyota Indonesia previewed a sportier version of the Toyota Yaris (Vios in Indonesia) sedan. This iteration, termed the TRD Sportivo, gets a number of cosmetic upgrades over the standard car.
Additions to this car include a new front splitter with red accents, larger diamond cut alloys, piano black finish on the wing mirrors. The rear gets a new rear bumper with an ornamental diffuser and intakes. The roof is also finished in black, while new side skirts accentuated with TRD branding on the rear doors complete the look. The interiors get contrasting seats in red and black with TRD logos on the backrest.
In what seems like a missed opportunity, there are no mechanical changes to the TRD Sportivo. The Indian version of the Yaris gets a 1.5-litre petrol motor which produces 107PS and 140 Nm of torque. Transmission options are a seven-speed CVT and a six-speed manual. See a detailed list of the Toyota Yaris'svariants and features here.
Toyota India has introduced TRD Sportivo version of its other cars in the Indian market earlier like the Etios Liva and the last-gen Fortuner. The addition of a sportier variant such as this to the Yaris range in India could help car stand out more in the competitive segment it competes in. Notable rivals to the Yaris include the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
Image Source: IndianAutosBlog
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...