Spotted: India-bound New-gen Volkswagen Jetta to debut in 2018
The new-generation Volkswagen Jetta will be debuting in the international markets early next year. While the previous generation of the sedan was based on the PQ35 platform, the new-gen Volkswagen Jetta will be based on the MQB platform. New age Volkswagen offerings like the Tiguan SUV, Golf hatch and even the Passat sedan are based on the MQB platform. We believe the new-gen Volkswagen Jetta after its global debut at the North American International Auto Show in early 2018 will arrive on Indian shores later that year.
The new-gen Volkswagen Jetta has been caught uncamouflaged in Mexico. From the images, it is evident that the new-gen Volkswagen Jetta takes its design inspiration from the Volkswagen Arteon. This can be seen with the wide radiator grille finished in gloss black, sleek headlights and the minimal design of the bonnet. The side profile of the outgoing Jetta looked similar to the Vento, however, the new-gen Jetta again takes its styling from the Arteon concept. The rear profile of the new-gen Jetta gets a revised design and it comprises of longer lights and more contoured bumper.
In terms of powertrain options, the new-gen Jetta might be offered with the same powertrain options as the Tiguan SUV. The 2.0-litre diesel unit might be tweaked to suit the sedan. In addition, there will also be the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre petrol engines that we believe will also make way into the Tiguan SUV. The new-gen Volkswagen Jetta will compete with the likes of the Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Elantra and also the upcoming Honda Civic in India.
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India
- NewsFord Mustang is the best-selling sports coupe in the world for third year in a row
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch