Spotted: India-bound New-gen Volkswagen Jetta to debut in 2018
The new-generation Volkswagen Jetta will be debuting in the international markets early next year. While the previous generation of the sedan was based on the PQ35 platform, the new-gen Volkswagen Jetta will be based on the MQB platform. New age Volkswagen offerings like the Tiguan SUV, Golf hatch and even the Passat sedan are based on the MQB platform. We believe the new-gen Volkswagen Jetta after its global debut at the North American International Auto Show in early 2018 will arrive on Indian shores later that year.
The new-gen Volkswagen Jetta has been caught uncamouflaged in Mexico. From the images, it is evident that the new-gen Volkswagen Jetta takes its design inspiration from the Volkswagen Arteon. This can be seen with the wide radiator grille finished in gloss black, sleek headlights and the minimal design of the bonnet. The side profile of the outgoing Jetta looked similar to the Vento, however, the new-gen Jetta again takes its styling from the Arteon concept. The rear profile of the new-gen Jetta gets a revised design and it comprises of longer lights and more contoured bumper.
In terms of powertrain options, the new-gen Jetta might be offered with the same powertrain options as the Tiguan SUV. The 2.0-litre diesel unit might be tweaked to suit the sedan. In addition, there will also be the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre petrol engines that we believe will also make way into the Tiguan SUV. The new-gen Volkswagen Jetta will compete with the likes of the Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Elantra and also the upcoming Honda Civic in India.
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India