Spy images reveal more of the Tata Harrier SUV's interior
A new set of spy photos have revealed what the interior of the upcoming Tata Harrier SUV will look like. The floating panel which houses the touchscreen and infotainment controls is the most striking element on the inside.
The interior gets a black/brown treatment with silver accents. There is a new steering wheel and a steering with new dials and a large coloured screen between them. The door pulls finished in an aluminium look especially upmarket. A rotary drive mode selector is also seen ahead of the gearlever while the climate control functions are controlled through a slim panel at the bottom of the dash.
The new engine powering the Harrier is called the 2.0-litre Kryotec and is derived from FCA's Multijet II motor seen on the Jeep Compass. This four-cylinder, turbocharged motor is expected to produce around 140PS in the 5-seater variant that is set to debut first, the 7-seater Harrier will likely make 170PS. The new motor will have an electronically controlled variable geometry turbocharger (eVGT) for better responses. The engine has also been adapted to run on varying drive modes via the terrain response system that the Harrier will come equipped with. The engine will be mated to a six-speed manual and a six-speed automatic. The 5-seater should come in the Rs 9 to 12 lakh price bracket.
The production Harrier (previously the H5X concept) will be based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level D8 SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) will involve the use of cheaper materials and components to keep costs down.
Image source: Powerdrift
Starts Rs 12.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
- NewsHero Xtreme 200R ABS prices hiked - will cost Rs 90,900 ex-showroom
- NewsTriumph to sell used motorcycles to offer more accessible entry-level pricing in India
- NewsNissan Leaf and e-Note electric vehicles spotted uncamouflaged on test in Delhi
- NewsFord and Rivian form strategic partnership through $500 million investment, an all-new electric vehicle in the works
- NewsRs 1.49 crore handed over by Jawa motorcycles to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip