Ssangyong launches the Tivoli compact SUV in South Korea
Mahindra's South Korean acquisition Ssangyong has unleashed a new compact SUV for global markets. Christened the Ssangyong Tivoli, after the Italian resort city which bears the same name, the urban SUV has been under development for the past three years.
Showcased as the X100 concept at the Paris Motor Show, the production ready version features visual cues from the concept car. Aimed at a younger audience, the design highlights Ssangyong's new Nature-born 3 language and global intent.
Ssangyong says that 40 per cent of the Tivoli is constructed using what it calls 'advanced high strength steel' or AHSS which in conjunction with a hot press forming process for ten major areas, minimises the impact that the passengers may feel in the event of a collision. Adding to the safety quotient are seven airbags, including one for the driver's knees.
The company also claims that the interiors feature good space and improved quality. Features like a touchscreen infotainment system, flat-bottomed steering wheel, dual-zone climate control system and rearview camera will make their way to the top-end model. However, the features list on the Indian version is unknown.
At present, a 1.6-litre petrol is available, with a diesel mill to follow later with similar engine displacement. The Tivoli has a generous 423-litre worth of boot space.
Speaking at the launch, Anand Mahindra, chairman, Mahindra Group said, "The Tivoli marks a significant new milestone in the growing partnership between Mahindra and Ssangyong. This SUV epitomises the spirit of 'Korea-can-do' and reflects Ssangyong's rich legacy of innovation in product development."
Mahindra is expected to launch the Tivoli in India by the latter half of 2015. We can expect the Tivoli to go up against the likes of the Honda CR-V and the Skoda Yeti.
Starts Rs 24.07 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers