SsangYong Rexton recalled in India for rear driveshaft inspection
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd has offered proactive inspection of the rear driveshaft on all SsangYong Rexton vehicles. All these vehicles have been manufactured before September 2014. Customers will be individually contacted by Mahindra dealers, and the inspection as well as rectification of the driveshaft will be done for free. Mahindra says that if left uninspected, the rear driveshaft can cause loss of power.
SsangYong Rexton customers can visit the company's website and check if their vehicle is affected or not. A dealer we spoke to confirmed to us that it would take about 3-4 hours for inspection and replacement of the rear driveshaft.
Mahindra introduced the SsangYong brand in India a couple of years ago. This was after Mahindra acquired a stake in the Korean company. The company has since then launched only the Rexton in both manual and automatic guises. It is likely that SsangYong will bring in the Korando SUV as well as help Mahindra with its small capacity petrol engines. SsangYong will also donate the Tivoli platform for the upcoming all-new Mahindra SUV expected some time next year or in 2018. Whether the Tivoli comes down here is only a matter of time, then! After all, it was on display at the Auto Expo 2016 and will be a premium option to the Scorpio.
Starts Rs 23.84 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki vehicle subscription plans explained, now available in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad
- NewsYamaha India to encash on the festive season with new offers finance schemes
- ReviewMG Gloster road test review
- NewsBreaking: 2020 BMW M 1000 RR bookings for India to commence in this week
- FeaturesHow to save on car insurance premium