Spied: SsangYong Tivoli testing in India
Last January, SsangYong launched the Tivoli compact SUV in the global markets. This new offering helped the Korean brand emerge as a leader in the compact SUV segment with notable sales figures. Recently, test mules of the SsangYong Tivoli were spotted in India, sparking off rumours that it could be displayed at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Spanning 4.1m, the Tivoli is slightly larger than a Ford. Image credit: Motorbagh.com
The Tivoli features design cues similar to the ones seen on the X100 concept at the 2014 Paris Motor Show. Designed with an aim to appeal to a younger audience, the Tivoli is an urban SUV. 40 percent of the body is made with AHSS advanced high strength steel, which is aimed at minimising impact on collision and increasing safety for passengers. The interiors of the Tivoli sold in the international markets come loaded with features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, flat-bottomed steering wheel, dual-zone climate control system. We're not sure if these would make it to the India-spec Tivoli.
The Tivoli will compete with the EcoSport, Duster, S-Cross and Creta if launched in India
Internationally, the Tivoli comes with a choice of two 1.6-litre engines. The petrol engine makes 128PS and 160Nm of torque while the diesel engine makes 115PS and 300Nm of torque. There are two transmission options, a 6-speed automatic and a 6-speed manual.
The international Tivoli also comes equipped with seven airbags. If Mahindra does bring down the Tivoli to India, expect it to be priced in the Rs 9-15 lakh range. While the segment is populated with the likes of the EcoSport, Duster and S-Cross, the SsangYong Tivoli's main rival in India will be the Hyundai Creta.
The Tivoli spotted here appears to be heavily loaded and undergoing suspension testing
Image source: motorbash.com
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range