Steve Thomas clinches the pole position for the super qualifier in Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship 2015
It is season two and the hard charging behemoths from Tata's stables are back at the Buddh International Circuit at Greater Noida in India.
The Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship, compared to the inaugural 2014 season, promises to be an even more exciting and action packed event this year and the qualifying session that was held today showcased that the leaps by which the Prima race truck's performance has increased.
Last year's winner Stuart Oliver, missed the pole by just a few tenths of a second. The Team Castrol Vecton driver's laptime of 1.51.058 was a few tenths off the time chart of topper Steve Thomas' 1:50:995.
Steve Thomas ,who drives for Team Allied Partners, reveled in the improved handling and top speed of the massively revised race Prima truck to clinch pole position.
The third spot on the time charts was grabbed by Oliver Janes. His laptime of 1:51:268 brought much cheer to the Team Castrol Vecton camp.
The 16- lap main race of the T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be held on March 15, 2015 and will be preceded by an eight lap super qualifier race. Based on how close and hard fought, the fight for pole turned out, the main race is sure to deliver the adrenaline that motorsport junkies crave.
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019