Steven Smidlein appointed as senior VP of Apollo Tyres North America
Apollo Tyres has officially announced the appointment of Steven Smidlein as the senior vice president for North America. Smidlein will be based out of the company's New Jersey office and will report to Neeraj Kanwar, vice chairman and managing director of Apollo Tyres. In his new role, Smidlein will be responsible for building the brand and sales for both Apollo and Vredestein in North America.
Smidlein has over three decades of experience in sales including the automotive sector. Prior to this new appointment, he was associated with a leading North American tyre manufacturer as their director of sales. Previously, he held the post of corporate director at Daimler Chrysler.
Speaking on the new appointment, Neeraj Kanwar, vice chairman and managing director, Apollo Tyres Ltd said, "With North America almost being an uncharted territory for us, Steven's 30 years of sales management and retail experience, especially in the automotive sector, will help establish both Apollo and Vredestein brands in this continent. We would be relying on his proven ability to grow market share, with a focus on delivery of aggressive sales targets."
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range