Steven Smidlein appointed as senior VP of Apollo Tyres North America
Apollo Tyres has officially announced the appointment of Steven Smidlein as the senior vice president for North America. Smidlein will be based out of the company's New Jersey office and will report to Neeraj Kanwar, vice chairman and managing director of Apollo Tyres. In his new role, Smidlein will be responsible for building the brand and sales for both Apollo and Vredestein in North America.
Smidlein has over three decades of experience in sales including the automotive sector. Prior to this new appointment, he was associated with a leading North American tyre manufacturer as their director of sales. Previously, he held the post of corporate director at Daimler Chrysler.
Speaking on the new appointment, Neeraj Kanwar, vice chairman and managing director, Apollo Tyres Ltd said, With North America almost being an uncharted territory for us, Steven's 30 years of sales management and retail experience, especially in the automotive sector, will help establish both Apollo and Vredestein brands in this continent. We would be relying on his proven ability to grow market share, with a focus on delivery of aggressive sales targets."
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally