Strike continues at Tata Motors' Sanand plant for third day
The ongoing labour strike at Tata Motors' Sanand plant has entered its third day. The Sanand facility currently is the only Tata plant where the Tata Nano is manufactured. It has a total production capacity of 3.5 lakh units annually. Lately, the plant has been in the news due to 300 workers going on a flash strike to challenge the suspension of their colleagues for misconduct.
It is reported that the 28 workers who were suspended from the plant tried to pressurise the management for a raise and allegedly made attempts to instigate other workmen too. They have also been held responsible for threatening the company personnel and tampering with Tata Motors' property. The company states that the investigation on two workers out of the suspended 28 was "completed with utmost speed and in all fairness by an independent enquiry officer".
In order to solve the ongoing issue, there was a joint meeting between the management and the workmen committee. This was done in the presence of the Deputy Labour Commissioner and the Workmen Committee, however, both the parties failed to reach an amicable solution.
In an official statement, Tata Motors says, "The management team firmly put forward their views and urged the workmen in larger interest of all stakeholders to resume work immediately. The company has no plans to withdraw suspensions that involves charges of serious misconduct."
Starts Rs 2.36 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts