Subaru reveals new global platform, will power autonomous driving
Subaru has revealed a new global platform which will form the underpinning of the next generation cars from the brand, says the company. The new platform will be flexible to accommodate hybrids, plug-in hybrids, electric and other types of alternative power units claims Subaru. The new generation Impreza will be the first car to be based on the SGP platform.
The carmaker claims that the new platform will offer better straight line stability due to an increase in rigidity, which is 70 to 100 per cent more than the existing models. Subaru has also worked on the dynamics of the vehicle by tweaking the suspension and the steering wheel setup. Additionally, the frame structure and the joints have been optimized to improve the overall torsional rigidity by 70 per cent. These updates have helped reduce vibrations from the steering wheel, floor and seats, says Subaru in a statement.
"The Subaru Global Platform lifts Subaru's automotive technology to new heights, and marks the next step in the evolution of "Enjoyment and Peace of Mind," the value that Subaru offers to its customers. This new platform represents the culmination of the know-how we have developed over many years, and we are confident that it will allow us to produce vehicles that live up to our proud traditions and meet the high expectations customers have of Subaru. We continue to work on designing ever-more attractive vehicles that offer the customer both enjoyment and peace of mind," said FHI president, Yasuyuki Yoshinaga.
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019