Subaru reveals new global platform, will power autonomous driving
Subaru has revealed a new global platform which will form the underpinning of the next generation cars from the brand, says the company. The new platform will be flexible to accommodate hybrids, plug-in hybrids, electric and other types of alternative power units claims Subaru. The new generation Impreza will be the first car to be based on the SGP platform.
The carmaker claims that the new platform will offer better straight line stability due to an increase in rigidity, which is 70 to 100 per cent more than the existing models. Subaru has also worked on the dynamics of the vehicle by tweaking the suspension and the steering wheel setup. Additionally, the frame structure and the joints have been optimized to improve the overall torsional rigidity by 70 per cent. These updates have helped reduce vibrations from the steering wheel, floor and seats, says Subaru in a statement.
"The Subaru Global Platform lifts Subaru's automotive technology to new heights, and marks the next step in the evolution of "Enjoyment and Peace of Mind," the value that Subaru offers to its customers. This new platform represents the culmination of the know-how we have developed over many years, and we are confident that it will allow us to produce vehicles that live up to our proud traditions and meet the high expectations customers have of Subaru. We continue to work on designing ever-more attractive vehicles that offer the customer both enjoyment and peace of mind," said FHI president, Yasuyuki Yoshinaga.
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018