Sujith Kumar elected vice-president of FIM Asia
Indian representation in the world of international motorsport is on the rise. This time it is thanks to the election of five-time Indian National Rally Champion, Sujith Kumar, as vice-president of FIM Asia.
Sujith Kumar, second from left, has been elected vice-president of the FIM Asia
Sujith, who represents the Federation of Motor Sport Clubs of India (FMSCI) has now become the third Indian representative to join the board of FIM Asia. He will hold this post with the governing body of motorcycle racing for 28 countries for a period of four years. He won the election with a comfortable majority, even though eleven candidates were in the running for the post during the annual general body meeting. Sujith is joined on the FIM Asia Board by Vice Presidents from Bahrain, China and Guam and new President, Stephan Macky Carapiet of Philippines.
"This is a significant development for Indian motorsport," said Akbar Ebrahim, FMSCI president after the win. "We will continue to work towards promoting every discipline of motorsport in the country," he added
Sujith is also the chairman of the FMSCI's Two Wheeler Racing Commission, who has already had a considerable impact on Indian motorcycle racing, advancing rider training, safety and licensing standards for competitors and race officials. He has played a key role in bringing international events to India too, including a round of the Asia Cup of Road Racing to Buddh Circuit.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far