Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition launched in India at Rs 55,589
Within a few months of launching the all-new Suzuki Access 125 in India, the Japanese company has introduced a Special Edition scooter at Rs 55,589, approximately Rs 2,000 more than the regular version. The front disc brake equipped version costs Rs 3,300 more, ex-Delhi. The Suzuki Access Special Edition will continue to be sold alongside the regular scooter. Suzuki believes that the Special Edition will help it achieve more sales during the festive season as more and more India buyers prefer to buy new vehicles during this auspicious time.
An exclusive pearl mirage white body colour, new graphics with the special edition logo, a brown seat and floorboard, and chromed mirrors are the standout features distinguishing it from the regular scooter. Other standard features on both the scooters include a retro-styled chrome headlamp casing, a noticeably slimmer body than the old Access, alloy wheels, easy electric start, mobile charging socket and digi-analogue instrument cluster.
When unveiled at the Auto Expo, Suzuki did mention that this was an all-new scooter and is lighter than the previous version by around 10kg. We did road test the 8.7PS/10.2Nm 125cc carburetted scooter and found it to hit 60kmph from standstill in 7.1s and a true top speed of 93.4kmph. SEP technology has also helped the scooter to achieve an overall fuel efficiency of 50.7kmpl in our tests. It even won our 125cc scooter comparo by a handsome margin.
Suzuki had recently recalled 54,740 units of the Access 125 for replacing the rear axle shaft. The company also launched the special edition versions of the Gixxer and the SF. The latter also got fuel injection in the process. Earlier this year both the motorcycles got an optional rear disc brake. While Suzuki India is not talking about the Gixxer 250, it is a high probability that this motorcycle, which was spied testing both on Indian soil as well as in Indonesia, might come down to our shores.
Starts Rs 55,045
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far