Suzuki Gixxer 250 could launch in India by mid-2019
A report by a website suggests that the Suzuki Gixxer 250 will now launch in India by the middle of 2019, the bike was earlier expected to launch by the beginning of this year. The Gixxer 250 is expected to be a derivative of the Hajou DR 300, a motorcycle built by Suzuki's Chinese partner.
Hajou DR 300 for reference
The Gixxer 250 is expected to get styling similar to this bike. The mechanical changes expected are more mainstream fork suspension set up and new tyres. The engine will be a newly developed air and liquid cooled 250cc unit with roughly 22PS.
The Gixxer's street naked styling and its mechanical package will make it a rival to the Yamaha FZ-25. Some bits from the Gixxer 150 are also expected to make its way to this bike mainly in the form of the instrument cluster. Other expected features are LED head and tail lamps. ABS will be fitted as standard, given the upcoming norms.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to carry an ex-showroom price of around Rs 1.35 lakh.
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 1,59,800
Starts Rs 95,680
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders
- NewsMotoGP 2019: Last lap glory for Marc Marquez at Misano
- NewsConfirmed: KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India on September 23
- News2019 Royal Enfield Rider Mania opens registrations
- NewsWRC 2019: Sebastien Ogier wins Rally Turkey to keep title hopes alive