Suzuki Gixxer prices out
Ahead of its official launch, Suzuki has announced prices of the Gixxer motorcycle in India. The Suzuki Gixxer is priced at Rs 84,344 on-road Mumbai. This price is approximately Rs 3,000 more than the other 150cc motorcycle that Suzuki offers, the GS150R.
The Suzuki Gixxer has a new 4-stroke air-cooled 155cc carbureted engine which makes 14.8PS at 8,000rpm and 14Nm of torque at 6,000rpm. This engine is mated to a 5-speed transmission. Suzuki has fettled this engine with its SEP technology which is also there in the recently launched Let's scooter. Similar to the HET and Blue Core technologies from Suzuki's Japanese rivals, SEP allows the Gixxer to always have useable power on tap without compromising on fuel efficiency. Suzuki engineers have also focused on making this motorcycle as light as possible which explains the 135kg kerb weight as compared to the 149kg of the GS150R.
Suzuki has given the Gixxer telescopic forks in the front and a mono shock at the rear. The front tyre is a 100/80-17 while the rear is a 140/60R-17 section. Both are tubeless. There is only one variant of the Gixxer on offer as of now with all the bells and whistles. It has an all-digital meter, like its competitors, the FZ and Trigger. The headlamp is a regular halogen while the tail lamp is an LED unit. The chunky exhaust unit is sure to grab eyeballs as well.
We will be riding the Suzuki Gixxer soon. Stay tuned for our first ride impressions.
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India