Suzuki Gixxer prices out
Ahead of its official launch, Suzuki has announced prices of the Gixxer motorcycle in India. The Suzuki Gixxer is priced at Rs 84,344 on-road Mumbai. This price is approximately Rs 3,000 more than the other 150cc motorcycle that Suzuki offers, the GS150R.
The Suzuki Gixxer has a new 4-stroke air-cooled 155cc carbureted engine which makes 14.8PS at 8,000rpm and 14Nm of torque at 6,000rpm. This engine is mated to a 5-speed transmission. Suzuki has fettled this engine with its SEP technology which is also there in the recently launched Let's scooter. Similar to the HET and Blue Core technologies from Suzuki's Japanese rivals, SEP allows the Gixxer to always have useable power on tap without compromising on fuel efficiency. Suzuki engineers have also focused on making this motorcycle as light as possible which explains the 135kg kerb weight as compared to the 149kg of the GS150R.
Suzuki has given the Gixxer telescopic forks in the front and a mono shock at the rear. The front tyre is a 100/80-17 while the rear is a 140/60R-17 section. Both are tubeless. There is only one variant of the Gixxer on offer as of now with all the bells and whistles. It has an all-digital meter, like its competitors, the FZ and Trigger. The headlamp is a regular halogen while the tail lamp is an LED unit. The chunky exhaust unit is sure to grab eyeballs as well.
We will be riding the Suzuki Gixxer soon. Stay tuned for our first ride impressions.
Starts Rs 1,11,871
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Daimler India offers free vehicle check-up to BharatBenz customers
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Bajaj Chetak deliveries delayed
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!