Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched in India - priced at Rs 1.70 lakh
After a long hiatus, Suzuki Motorcycles has returned to the 250cc arena, this time with a fully-faired sportsbike, the all-new Gixxer SF 250. The Gixxer SF 250 broke cover for the first time today and has been priced at Rs 1.70 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi. Suzuki's previous offering in the quarter-litre space was the naked Inazuma 250 that didn't really click well, partly for its design and also the high pricing. Suzuki has ensured the Gixxer SF 250 will be a success though, by ticking most boxes enthusiasts look for.
The bike gets a full-fairing, complete with all-LED headlights upfront and fairing mounted rear-view mirrors, a two-piece handlebar, split seats and a double barrel end can for the exhaust as well. The Gixxer SF 250 is powered by a single cylinder engine that uses fuel injection for carburetion and offers 26.5PS (produced at 9,000rpm) and 22.6Nm (produced at 7,500rpm). The bike sports and an oil-cooling system called SOCS (Suzuki Oil Cooling System) - for more efficient cooling without additional weight and is developed in-house by Suzuki. Power is sent to the rear wheel via a six-speed gearbox. The Gixxer SF 250 is shod with a 110/70 R17 tyre up front and a 150/60 R17 tyre at the rear.
Suspension duties are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Kerb weight for the motorcycle is an impressive 161kg, while the seat height is 800mm and ground clearance 165mm.
OVERDRIVE will be riding the Gixxer SF 250 tomorrow at the Buddh International Circuit, so stay tuned for a first ride review.
Also see: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and 2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF First Ride Review Video
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 1,70,665
Starts Rs 1,11,871
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Skoda India helps fight COVID-19
- FeaturesCorona Chaos On Our Highways
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Mercedes-Benz India to set up temporary hospital for COVID-19 patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Jaguar Land Rover deploys 160 vehicles globally
- NewsGuillaume Cartier appointed Chairman at Nissan for Africa, Middle East and India region
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055