Suzuki Gixxer SF ABS launched in India at Rs 95,499
Suzuki India has launched the Gixxer SF with ABS at Rs 95,499. The Gixxer SF comes in two trims - carburetted and fuel injection (Rs 99,312). Both the prices are ex-Delhi. The Suzuki Gixxer SF ABS is much like the Bajaj Pulsar RS200, in the sense that it gets a single-channel ABS - sensor only on the front wheel. The rear disc doesn't get the ABS sensor. Colour schemes available for the Gixxer SF ABS are metallic triton blue, glass sparkle black and metallic matte black.
Apart from the introduction of ABS, the Gixxer SF now also sports new decals and SP logos on the fairing. The motorcycle also has gained around 5kg weight and now has a kerb weight of 140kg for the Fi and a kilo more for the carburetted trims. The mechanicals remain identical to what we have experienced before - a 14.8PS/14Nm 155cc engine that can be configured either a fuel injector or carburettor. A 5-speed gearbox transfers the power. The carb trim gets a kick as well as electric starter while the Fi gets only the latter.
Last year, Suzuki also launched the Gixxer twins with a rear disc brake. A few dealers we spoke to said that these variants will now cease to exist and only the ABS trims will be sold. Suzuki India though says that both the trims will co-exist. We expect the naked Gixxer to also get ABS soon.
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 77,015
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Honda Civic
- Review2019 Honda Civic first drive review
- News2019 Ford Aspire launched with CNG variant in India for Rs 6.27 lakh
- NewsDucati's DRE Off Road Days to happen this weekend
- NewsMG Motor India invests Rs 150 crore on new corporate office, brand store and flagship showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani