Suzuki Gixxer SF ABS launched in India at Rs 95,499
Suzuki India has launched the Gixxer SF with ABS at Rs 95,499. The Gixxer SF comes in two trims - carburetted and fuel injection (Rs 99,312). Both the prices are ex-Delhi. The Suzuki Gixxer SF ABS is much like the Bajaj Pulsar RS200, in the sense that it gets a single-channel ABS - sensor only on the front wheel. The rear disc doesn't get the ABS sensor. Colour schemes available for the Gixxer SF ABS are metallic triton blue, glass sparkle black and metallic matte black.
Apart from the introduction of ABS, the Gixxer SF now also sports new decals and SP logos on the fairing. The motorcycle also has gained around 5kg weight and now has a kerb weight of 140kg for the Fi and a kilo more for the carburetted trims. The mechanicals remain identical to what we have experienced before - a 14.8PS/14Nm 155cc engine that can be configured either a fuel injector or carburettor. A 5-speed gearbox transfers the power. The carb trim gets a kick as well as electric starter while the Fi gets only the latter.
Last year, Suzuki also launched the Gixxer twins with a rear disc brake. A few dealers we spoke to said that these variants will now cease to exist and only the ABS trims will be sold. Suzuki India though says that both the trims will co-exist. We expect the naked Gixxer to also get ABS soon.
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review