Suzuki Gixxer SF to be launched in India on April 7, 2015
Building on the success of the Gixxer, Suzuki Motorcycles India is looking to add a new variant. The Suzuki Gixxer SF, the fully faired version of the Gixxer will be in showrooms from April 7, 2015.
From the spy shots which are available on the Internet, it can be gleaned that the Gixxer SF is mechanically similar to the donor motorcycle, apart from the new clothes. A 155cc air-cooled 14.8PS engine is likely to be retained, however the top speed will be slightly north of the regular Gixxer's 107kmph, thanks to the revised aerodynamics. The fantastic telescopic front forks and monoshock at the rear also most likely have been left untouched.
The Gixxer has one of the most comprehensive instrument clusters in its segment and the SF will also have it. The instrument pod includes twin tripmetres, engine over-rev light, gear indicator, clock, low battery and much more. Expect the Suzuki Gixxer SF to be priced at a premium of about Rs 10,000 over the naked motorcycle. This should mean an on-road price of Rs 93,000. At this price point, its competition will be the semi-faired Yamaha Fazer as well as the more powerful Bajaj Pulsar 220 and the Hero Karizma R.
Image source: Motorbeam
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 77,015
Starts Rs 1,29,335
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018