Suzuki Gixxer SF to be launched in India on April 7, 2015
Building on the success of the Gixxer, Suzuki Motorcycles India is looking to add a new variant. The Suzuki Gixxer SF, the fully faired version of the Gixxer will be in showrooms from April 7, 2015.
From the spy shots which are available on the Internet, it can be gleaned that the Gixxer SF is mechanically similar to the donor motorcycle, apart from the new clothes. A 155cc air-cooled 14.8PS engine is likely to be retained, however the top speed will be slightly north of the regular Gixxer's 107kmph, thanks to the revised aerodynamics. The fantastic telescopic front forks and monoshock at the rear also most likely have been left untouched.
The Gixxer has one of the most comprehensive instrument clusters in its segment and the SF will also have it. The instrument pod includes twin tripmetres, engine over-rev light, gear indicator, clock, low battery and much more. Expect the Suzuki Gixxer SF to be priced at a premium of about Rs 10,000 over the naked motorcycle. This should mean an on-road price of Rs 93,000. At this price point, its competition will be the semi-faired Yamaha Fazer as well as the more powerful Bajaj Pulsar 220 and the Hero Karizma R.
Image source: Motorbeam
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 77,015
Starts Rs 1,29,335
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India