Suzuki Gixxer SF to be launched in India on April 7, 2015
Building on the success of the Gixxer, Suzuki Motorcycles India is looking to add a new variant. The Suzuki Gixxer SF, the fully faired version of the Gixxer will be in showrooms from April 7, 2015.
From the spy shots which are available on the Internet, it can be gleaned that the Gixxer SF is mechanically similar to the donor motorcycle, apart from the new clothes. A 155cc air-cooled 14.8PS engine is likely to be retained, however the top speed will be slightly north of the regular Gixxer's 107kmph, thanks to the revised aerodynamics. The fantastic telescopic front forks and monoshock at the rear also most likely have been left untouched.
The Gixxer has one of the most comprehensive instrument clusters in its segment and the SF will also have it. The instrument pod includes twin tripmetres, engine over-rev light, gear indicator, clock, low battery and much more. Expect the Suzuki Gixxer SF to be priced at a premium of about Rs 10,000 over the naked motorcycle. This should mean an on-road price of Rs 93,000. At this price point, its competition will be the semi-faired Yamaha Fazer as well as the more powerful Bajaj Pulsar 220 and the Hero Karizma R.
Image source: Motorbeam
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 77,015
Starts Rs 1,43,000
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900