Suzuki Gixxer SP launched in India at Rs 80,726
Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched the special editions of the Gixxer as well as the Gixxer SF. The Suzuki Gixxer SP and the Suzuki Gixxer SF SP are available with a rear-disc brake. The Suzuki Gixxer SP is priced at Rs 80,726 while the Suzuki Gixxer SF SP is priced at Rs 88,857 (both prices, ex-showroom Delhi). Suzuki has also announced that the Gixxer SF-Fi fuel-injected variant, which was shown at the 2016 Auto Expo, will be available on sale in select cities and dealerships.
In comparison to the regular versions, the Gixxer SP and the Gixxer SF SP come equipped with body graphics, a Gixxer SP emblem, a maroon-colored seat and a clear lens LED tail lamp. In an official release, Suzuki has stated that the Gixxer SP and the Gixxer SF SP will be offered with a choice of matt fibroin grey and glass sparkle black colours.
Both the Gixxer special editions do not get any mechanical updates. Just like the regular version, they retain the 155cc single-cylinder engine which makes 14.8PS and 14Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed transmission.
During the festive season, most motorcycle manufacturers typically see a sharp rise in sales. In a bid to lure more buyers, motorcycle companies typically launch special editions of their popular models during this time period. Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India has also introduced a special edition of the CB Hornet 160R.
Starts Rs 1,11,871
Starts Rs 1,00,212
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!