Suzuki has launched the 2020 GSX-R125 in Japan
Suzuki has launched the 2020 GSX-R125 in Japan at a price of 393,800 yen which is roughly Rs 2.77 lakh. It is powered by a 124.4cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine coupled with a six-speed gearbox that pushes 15PS of power at 10,000rpm and 11.5Nm of torque at 8,000rpm. The bike weighs only 134kg.
The GSX-R125 gets features like keyless ignition, dual-channel ABS, alloy wheels and a fully digital LCD instrument cluster. The bike also gets a sleek LED headlamp setup, supersport inspired body fairing and upswept tail section that accents the sporty look of the bike.
The GSX-R125 will be a new addition to the Suzuki fleet in Japan that already has the Gixxer SF 250 and the Gixxer 250. Suzuki usually sells its low displacement bikes in South East Asia and Europe, but Japan also has a demand for performance-oriented entry-level motorcycles. India has the KTM RC 125 that fills those shoes and the bike is quite a success in the Indian two-wheeler market.
These bikes are very useful in honing and developing the craft of young riders before they swing a leg over the litre-class bikes. Basics and fundamentals can be easily taught on these nimble low displacement bikes. India also has a demand and room for such propositions but pricing is the key to success. It should be less than Rs 1.5 or 1.7 lakh to be considered as a good option to buy, otherwise, people would go for a higher displacement bike instead of a 125cc bike that cost Rs 2.77 lakh.
Starts Rs 1,55,277
- NewsToyota halts production at Bidadi plant till July 22, 2020, adheres to Karnataka Govt. guidelines
- NewsMahindra Mojo BS6 launch by end of July, will rival Bajaj Dominar 250, Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Jawa 42
- News2020 Honda City: Variants and prices explained
- News2020 Honda City launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.90 lakh
- Review2020 MG Hector Plus road test review
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block