Suzuki India opens bookings for the 2017 GSX-R1000
Suzuki India has opened bookings for their latest superbike, the GSX-R1000. Suzuki will offer the standard bike as well as the range topping GSX-R1000R which offers better suspension and more advanced electronic aids. We expect the standard Gixxer to be priced at about Rs 19.5lakh while the GSX-R1000R should cost about Rs 22.5 lakh, both ex-showroom. The booking amount is Rs 2-3 lakh and deliveries should commence by June.
For the 2017 model year, the GSX-R1000 has been completely revamped and features a new 999.8cc engine that produces 199PS/117Nm. An advanced, MotoGP-derived variable valve timing system promises the trademark, Gixxer-style strong midrange but with a screaming top end. The system seems to bear fruit with international reports suggesting that the 203kg (kerb) Gixxer is the hardest accelerating of all the latest litre-class machines.
Reigning in the aggression is a new traction control system that uses a six direction/three axis IMU. While the base bike will offer ABS as standard, the top GSX-R1000R will benefit from a more advanced cornering ABS function. In addition, the R also offers a bi-directional quickshifter as well as launch control. Both bikes offer three riding modes.
Both the Gixxers use a 4-pot Brembo set-up up front and a single Nissin calliper at the rear. Suspension duties are handled by a Showa Big Piston Fork and a Showa shock at the rear. The R benefits from Showa's Balance Free Fork (BFF) and a BFF-Lite rear shock. From our experience with the Kawasaki ZX-10R, the BFF offers a fantastic mix of performance and plush damping. Interestingly, the ZX-10R offers the BFF set-up as standard.
The new GSX-R1000 will be the latest of the new generation of litre-class superbikes to be launched in India. Click here for a spec comparison between the new GSX-R1000 and all the inline-four litre bikes available in India today
Starts Rs 19,50,000
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India