Suzuki Intruder 150 spied days ahead of launch in India
Spy images of the Suzuki Intruder 150 which will be launched in India on November 7 have revealed its final form. The Suzuki Intruder 150 has caused a bit of a storm ever since its brochure leak revealed its modern cruiser motorcycle look. Now with clear images of the Intruder 150, we can say that Suzuki have gone all out to attract new customers and possibly grab a few from the Bajaj Avenger, which has so far been the only cruiser motorcycle in the sub-200cc range. The Suzuki Intruder 150 gets its flowy styling cues from house Suzuki Intruder, but the bodywork looks a bit much in proportion for the engine and tyres it comes with, at least in the images. Fuel tank with extended shrouds, two-piece seat unit, projector headlamp, LED taillamps, a rear that is reminiscent of larger Suzukis are some of the details we find in the images. The Intruder 150 carries the same alloy wheels and digital instrumentation as the Gixxer 150.
Suzuki seems to have done a good job with the bodywork concealing any major gaps that could result from housing a small engine. The upcoming motorcycle was spied while it was being shot for a commercial. In the spy images, the riders are also seen wearing leather jackets with 'Intruder Urban Brotherhood' badges, and this may be an owners club that Suzuki could launch alongside the Intruder 150.
The Suzuki Intruder 150 also gets a twin-port exhaust, similar to what is offered on the Suzuki Gixxer series. Powering the Suzuki Intruder 150 is believed to be the 154.9cc single-cylinder unit that does duty in the Gixxer range. The power and torque out of this motor is 14.8PS and 14Nm respectively. While the state of tune might be retained for the Suzuki Intruder 150, the company might also look at tweaking the performance to make it more suitable for highways.
The Suzuki Intruder appears to be a premium offering for its segment. We will see how it looks in the flesh soon. The baby Intruder also appears to have good ground clearance in the images. Suzuki dealerships in India have already started accepting bookings for the all-new Intruder 150 and deliveries are expected to begin soon after its launch. The Suzuki Intruder 150 is expected to be priced around Rs 1 lakh.
Images Source: BikeAdvice
Starts Rs 1,06,896
Starts Rs 84,499
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions