Suzuki Jimny accessories brochure reveals customization options
In keeping with the mini-SUV's lifestyle bend, an accessories brochure available on the internet reveals the many customisation options available to a Suzuki Jimny buyer in the Japanese market.
Four accessory packages are available- Survival, Offroad, Heritage, and Revival. These packages add cosmetic upgrades to the fog lamps, grille, door handles, outside mirrors, roof rails, and mud flaps in line with the chosen theme. Decals and 16-inch rim options are also available.
Additions are also available to the interiors. These including seat covers, leatherette trim bits, ambient lighting options, and off-road centric accessories for protection against natural elements.
Functional enhancements like additional underbody protection, roof rails, and roof carriers can also be added. All these customisation options are also available on the Jimny Sierra.
The Jimny is being offered in three trim levels in Japan - XG, XL, and XC. Prices start at the equivalent of Rs 9.06 lakh for the Jimny and Rs 10.94 lakh for the Sierra.
The front grille has a 5-slat design. It is flanked by circular headlamps on either side. The headlamp housings host separated circular turn-signals. The front bumper looks minimalist but functional and houses the fog lamps and a prominent air intake. The Jimny's flared wheel arches get a dark plastic cladding.
The theme is carried over inside as well. The dash has a blocky design throughout with separate housings for the gauges. There is an 80's style square housing for the touchscreen, round air con vents and toggle switches. The styling is quite reminiscent of the Maruti Gypsy. In terms of features, the Jimny should come with similar levels of equipment seen on newer Maruti Suzuki cars like the Swift and Baleno. So expect aut0matic climate control, auto lights and wipers, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, among others.
The Suzuki Jimny will be available with a range of engine options. the 1.2-litre four cylinder K-Series petrol and the 1-litre turbocharged three-cylinder with direct injection. The Japanese market car will be available with a 660c unit to take advantages of the country's 'kei' car tax incentives. The new 1.5-litre petrol set to debut in the Ciaz should also make its way to the Jimny.
Starts Rs 55,045
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000