Suzuki launches the BS-IV compliant Lets and Hayate EP in India
Suzuki Motorcycle India has announced the launch of BS-IV emissions compliant Suzuki Let's and Suzuki Hayate. The Suzuki Let's scooter has been priced at Rs. 47,272, Rs. 170 more than the BS-III model and the Hayate EP motorcycle has been priced at Rs. 52,754, Rs. 695 more than the BS-III model, both prices ex-showroom, Delhi.
The Suzuki Let's is powered by a 112.8cc, air-cooled, single cylinder engine with an output of 8.7PS and 9.0Nm. In the Indian market, the Suzuki Let's competes with the likes of the Mahindra Gusto, TVS Scooty Zest 110 etc.
The Suzuki Hayate EP is powered by a 113cc, air-cooled, single cylinder engine with an output of 8.58PS and 9.3Nm. Suzuki Hayate EP competes with motorcycles like the Mahindra Centuro, Hero Passion Xpro and Honda Dream Neo.
Bharat Stage emissions regulations were introduced by the central government of India to counter rising pollution levels in the country by regulating the output of air pollutants from internal combustion engines. The fourth stage of these regulations will be enforced April 01, 2017 onwards, when all vehicles sold in India would have to comply with the new regulations.
There seems to be some confusion in the industry with regard to what the deadline is for. A Suzuki dealer from Mumbai told us that, though BS-IV models have been launched, the sales of the BS-III models will continue even after April 01, 2017, until stocks are cleared. But some Kawasaki and Honda dealerships have offered heavy discounts on select models just to clear stocks before the fast approaching deadline. Suzuki dealers on the other hand have offered no such discounts.
Starts Rs 52,953
Starts Rs 42,391
Starts Rs 47,130
Starts Rs 49,030
Starts Rs 47,711
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh