Suzuki launches the BS-IV compliant Lets and Hayate EP in India
Suzuki Motorcycle India has announced the launch of BS-IV emissions compliant Suzuki Let's and Suzuki Hayate. The Suzuki Let's scooter has been priced at Rs. 47,272, Rs. 170 more than the BS-III model and the Hayate EP motorcycle has been priced at Rs. 52,754, Rs. 695 more than the BS-III model, both prices ex-showroom, Delhi.
The Suzuki Let's is powered by a 112.8cc, air-cooled, single cylinder engine with an output of 8.7PS and 9.0Nm. In the Indian market, the Suzuki Let's competes with the likes of the Mahindra Gusto, TVS Scooty Zest 110 etc.
The Suzuki Hayate EP is powered by a 113cc, air-cooled, single cylinder engine with an output of 8.58PS and 9.3Nm. Suzuki Hayate EP competes with motorcycles like the Mahindra Centuro, Hero Passion Xpro and Honda Dream Neo.
Bharat Stage emissions regulations were introduced by the central government of India to counter rising pollution levels in the country by regulating the output of air pollutants from internal combustion engines. The fourth stage of these regulations will be enforced April 01, 2017 onwards, when all vehicles sold in India would have to comply with the new regulations.
There seems to be some confusion in the industry with regard to what the deadline is for. A Suzuki dealer from Mumbai told us that, though BS-IV models have been launched, the sales of the BS-III models will continue even after April 01, 2017, until stocks are cleared. But some Kawasaki and Honda dealerships have offered heavy discounts on select models just to clear stocks before the fast approaching deadline. Suzuki dealers on the other hand have offered no such discounts.
Starts Rs 52,953
Starts Rs 42,391
Starts Rs 47,130
Starts Rs 49,030
Starts Rs 47,711
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000