Suzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
Suzuki Motorcycle India flagged off the 'Helmet for Life' road safety campaign to encourage motorcycle riders to adopt the practice of wearing a helmet whenever they ride. The Japanese manufacturer has partnered with state traffic police departments for this initiative in a bid to curb the growing number of two-wheeler related injuries and fatalities in India. The campaign will begin in the Delhi-NCR region followed by Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Surat, Bangalore, Calicut, Chennai, Hyderabad, Lucknow and Kolkata.
Under the Helmet for Life campaign, traffic police and Suzuki volunteers will be stationed at various signals in the city. They will speak to the rider's without helmets and explain the consequences of not wearing one. While the cops will hand over a rule violation challan the volunteers will hand over a free helmet to the offender. Suzuki plans to distribute 1,000 helmets in each city.
Speaking about the company's new CSR initiative, Satoshi Uchida, managing director, Suzuki Motorcycle India said that Suzuki has always invested in making riding experiences exciting and safe for customers.
Besides giving away helmets, Suzuki Motorcycle India will also provide five, customized, Gixxer SF motorcycles to the traffic departments of the cities mentioned before. The police Gixxer SF motorcycles are equipped with a police beacon, siren, panniers and a public address system. In all, the company will be giving away 60 motorcycles.
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th