Suzuki Swift breaks five million worldwide sales mark
The Suzuki Swift is a car loved by virtually everyone. The hatchback came with strong engine options, a sporty chassis, and spacious interiors. All of these paired to an amicable exterior created a winning formula for Suzuki. This formula has resulted in the Swift hitting a record of five million cumulative sales worldwide in April 2016, since 2004. India saw its introduction in 2005.
The Swift is currently being produced in Japan, Hungary, India, China, Pakistan and Thailand. In India, it comes in two engine options, a 1.2-litre four-pot petrol engine producing 84PS and 115Nm of torque, and a 1.25-litre turbocharged diesel engine producing 75PS and 190Nm of torque. There is also a Sport variant which gets a 1.6-litre petrol burner producing 136PS and 160Nm of torque, but this isn't sold in the country currently.
The Swift sees sales in more than a 140 countries, with production in seven of them. When looking at the sales split, India accounts for majority of the sales at 54 per cent, followed by Europe at 17 per cent, then Japan at 10 per cent, and other countries accounting for the remaining 19 per cent. The addition of a diesel engine option, as well a sedan variant helped boost sales in India. The Swift also accounts for 30 per cent of Maruti Suzuki's annual sales in India.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10