Suzuki Swift Sport technical specifications leaked
While last few weeks were all about whether the Suzuki Swift Sport is coming to India or not, today's marked for the technical details of the car. While Suzuki did drop teasers and unveil dates for the new Swift Sport, they conveniently skipped the power train details. Now a leaked scan of the brochure gives out all the information.
2018 Suzuki Swift Sport gets body work as well as 17-inch blacked out alloys
The 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport gets a tuned 1.4-litre turbo petrol Boosterjet motor that's good for 140PS/230Nm. The engine sends power to the front wheels through a 6-speed manual or automatic. While the manual Swift Sport is claimed to deliver 16.4kmpl fuel efficiency, the auto returns 16.2kmpl. Expect the Suzuki Swift Sport to also have a sub-10s acceleration number with a kerb weight less than 1,000kg. In comparison, the Fiat Abarth Punto weighs nearly 1,200kg and makes the same amount of power.
In terms of equipment, Suzuki have given the Swift Sport 17-inch blacked out alloys, body kit as well as dual exhausts on the outside. The cabin gets a black and red treatment, red accents and drilled aluminum pedals. Suzuki will offer as many as 86 accessory options for the new Swift Sport. Other regular bits like auto AC, touchscreen infotainment system as well as rear AC cents are carried over from the regular Swift.
In India, the new Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to make its debut at the 2018 expo. The familiar 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre engines are expected to continue. A 5-speed manual will be standard. Will we get the Swift Sport? Highly likely given that the Baleno RS too is here.
Starts Rs 9.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India