Suzuki Swift Sport technical specifications leaked
While last few weeks were all about whether the Suzuki Swift Sport is coming to India or not, today's marked for the technical details of the car. While Suzuki did drop teasers and unveil dates for the new Swift Sport, they conveniently skipped the power train details. Now a leaked scan of the brochure gives out all the information.
2018 Suzuki Swift Sport gets body work as well as 17-inch blacked out alloys
The 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport gets a tuned 1.4-litre turbo petrol Boosterjet motor that's good for 140PS/230Nm. The engine sends power to the front wheels through a 6-speed manual or automatic. While the manual Swift Sport is claimed to deliver 16.4kmpl fuel efficiency, the auto returns 16.2kmpl. Expect the Suzuki Swift Sport to also have a sub-10s acceleration number with a kerb weight less than 1,000kg. In comparison, the Fiat Abarth Punto weighs nearly 1,200kg and makes the same amount of power.
In terms of equipment, Suzuki have given the Swift Sport 17-inch blacked out alloys, body kit as well as dual exhausts on the outside. The cabin gets a black and red treatment, red accents and drilled aluminum pedals. Suzuki will offer as many as 86 accessory options for the new Swift Sport. Other regular bits like auto AC, touchscreen infotainment system as well as rear AC cents are carried over from the regular Swift.
In India, the new Maruti Suzuki Swift is expected to make its debut at the 2018 expo. The familiar 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre engines are expected to continue. A 5-speed manual will be standard. Will we get the Swift Sport? Highly likely given that the Baleno RS too is here.
Starts Rs 9.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled