Suzuki to launch updated RM-Z450 in UK soon
Suzuki announced its new MX1 contender, the updated RM-Z450. The bike receives several updates for the 2015 model year including launch control and spring-less SFF forks. The bike has been built taking inputs from Suzuki's American and World Motocross teams which has resulted in nearly every component used being new.
The RM-Z450 is more of a completely new bike rather than a new version because almost every part on the bike has been updated
The Suzuki RM-Z450 now receives a new feature called Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC). This feature enables the rider to select various riding modes at the touch of a button and allows for alterations in ignition timings. There are two modes which can be selected, the first allows for a smoother engine response for slippery conditions. The second offers an aggressive map where full power and ignition timing are restored when either the pre-determined gear is selected or when a certain amount of time elapses. The settings are easily switchable via the illuminated button on the left-hand-side of the handlebar.
Another major update on the new bike is the suspension. It uses an inner-air chamber instead of the conventional oil filled forks. This allows for an on the go adjustment of the suspension by just adjusting the air-pressure. Also, damping is more consistent due to the lack of heat which was a factor in oil filled forks.
The S-HAC which offers the two riding modes can be switched with the press of a button
The RM-Z450 has always had a strong performing engine and for the 2015 version, the emphasis has been put on efficiency and weight reduction. To improve engine starting on all occasions, Suzuki engineers redesigned the kick-drive gear, the decompression system, relocated kick idle gear and lengthened the kick-start.
An increased overall engine cooling has been made possible thanks to changes in the water pump housing. Also, the hose connection have been relocated and routed between each radiator. Due to this, water now flows in 16 per cent more and weight has now been reduced due to the removal of the hot-starter system.
The 2015 edition of the RM-Z450 will be launched in Europe in summer while it arrives on sale in autumn 2014.
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover