Suzuki unveils Let's scooter and Gixxer 150cc motorcycle in India
Suzuki Motorcycles India has unveiled two new products in India. The first is a new 110cc scooter with an unusual name - 'Let's'. The scooter has a new 4-stroke single cylinder air-cooled mill which makes 8.7PS of power and 9.0Nm of torque. The transmission is a CVT. The scooter weighs just 98kg and Suzuki claims it will deliver 63kmpl. The fuel tank capacity is 5.2L. The 'Let's' is only available with a twin drum brake set up.
The new Suxuki 'Lets' 110cc scooter at the press unveil
The more interesting news is that the new motorcycle is called the Gixxer. Spy images of this motorcycle emerged only a few days back and Suzuki did a good job of keeping the machine under wraps. It has an edgy naked styling while power comes from a a 150cc air-cooled SOHC mill which is fed via carburetor. Suzuki hasn't disclosed the power and torque figures though. The Gixxer has telescopic forks in front and mono shock at rear. Braking is handled by a disc at front and drum at the rear.
With specs like this the Gixxer should go head on against the successful Yamaha FZ and Honda's CB Trigger.Suzuki plans to put the Gixxer on sale around July 2014. The bike should be priced on par with its aforementioned rivals. The Let's in the meanwhile will be launched around March-April 2014
Starts Rs 77,015
Starts Rs 1,19,335
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?