Suzuki updates the Swish 125
The Honda Activa 125 has just been launched in the 125cc scooter segment and the competition is feeling the heat with the entry of another variant of India's largest selling scooter. The competition, namely Suzuki has moved swiftly to counter the latest threat. It has bestowed its Swish 125 automatic scooter with subtle updates to take the fight to the Activa 125.
Changes are mainly cosmetic with a new instrument cluster, body graphics and new colour options
The changes are mainly cosmetic with a new body graphics and colour options to choose from. The instrument panel has also been revised to make it more appealing to the younger audience and to give it a better overall appearance. The engine is the same 124cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine producing 8.6PS of max power and 9.8Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm. The power is delivered to the rear wheel via a CVT transmission. Suspension setup is telescopic coil spring at the front and swing arm type coil spring at the rear. Braking services are rendered by 120mm drum brakes at both the front and rear wheels. There is still no disc brake on offer. The catch though is that the Swish also comes with combined braking system unknown to many. The Swish weighs in at 110kg and has good under seat storage space amounting to 20litres.
The updated Swish 125 is available in black, white, silver, blue, and red. The Swish is priced at Rs 57,271 (on-road, Mumbai) which is lesser than the Honda Activa 125 which retails at Rs 62,276 (on-road, Mumbai) for the standard model.
Starts Rs 52,642
Starts Rs 58,081
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show