Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India soon, pricing likely to around Rs 9 lakh, on-road
Suzuki is all set to launch the V-Strom 650 XT in India that is expected to take place in the third week of September. The Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT was showcased in India at the Auto Expo this year. We have learnt from our sources that the Suzuki 2 Wheelers will launch the V-Strom 650 XT with spoked wheels in 19-inch front an 17-inch rear in India and not the alloy wheels version as conveyed by some of the dealerships in India. The 2018 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT will be brought in via the CKD route and locally-assembled. This could translate in competitive pricing. We expect the on-road pricing to be around Rs 9 lakh, on road.
Suzuki India has been able to achieve good pricing on the GSX-S750 owing to the same reason - local assembly. The 650 XT will be the third motorcycle from Suzuki big bikes after the Hayabusa, and the GSX-S750 to be locally-assembled. The Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT was first showcased at the Intermot 2016 and made its India debut at the 2018 Auto Expo in February.
The V-Strom 650 XT brings spoked wheels in 19-inch front an 17-inch rear for more usability off the road. It comes powered by the 650cc V-twin from the popular Suzuki SV 650 sold internationally. Its styling is inspired by the larger V-Strom 1000 which was previously launched in the country.
- NewsTVS Star City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh