Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India soon, pricing likely to around Rs 9 lakh, on-road
Suzuki is all set to launch the V-Strom 650 XT in India that is expected to take place in the third week of September. The Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT was showcased in India at the Auto Expo this year. We have learnt from our sources that the Suzuki 2 Wheelers will launch the V-Strom 650 XT with spoked wheels in 19-inch front an 17-inch rear in India and not the alloy wheels version as conveyed by some of the dealerships in India. The 2018 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT will be brought in via the CKD route and locally-assembled. This could translate in competitive pricing. We expect the on-road pricing to be around Rs 9 lakh, on road.
Suzuki India has been able to achieve good pricing on the GSX-S750 owing to the same reason - local assembly. The 650 XT will be the third motorcycle from Suzuki big bikes after the Hayabusa, and the GSX-S750 to be locally-assembled. The Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT was first showcased at the Intermot 2016 and made its India debut at the 2018 Auto Expo in February.
The V-Strom 650 XT brings spoked wheels in 19-inch front an 17-inch rear for more usability off the road. It comes powered by the 650cc V-twin from the popular Suzuki SV 650 sold internationally. Its styling is inspired by the larger V-Strom 1000 which was previously launched in the country.
Starts Rs 7,46,000
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsBMW 7 Series facelift debuts in China, gets a 40 per cent larger grille!
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first dealership in Nashik, Maharashtra
- News2019 Skoda Superb Corporate edition launched in India at Rs 23.99 lakh
- FeaturesSimple tech: Camshafts
- NewsDakar 2019 Stage 9: Al-Attiyah claims Car category, Metge wins Moto class
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani