Suzuki Wagon R AMT launched in Indonesia
Suzuki have launched the Wagon R AMT in Indonesia. This car is making its way down to the Indian showrooms, expectedly in a couple of months. The Suzuki Wagon R AMT is available in the same spec-level as the Stingray in India.
The Suzuki Wagon R AMT looks the same as the Stingray and boasts projector headlamps and all-black interiors. Powering the Wagon R AMT is the same 1.0-litre K-Next engine which makes 68PS of power and 90Nm of torque. We have seen how the AMT is a boon in traffic conditions and also experienced it in both the Alto K10 and the Celerio. AMT also allows the manufacturer to quote a similar efficiency figure as the manual transmission, thereby attracting more buyers to its fold.
Magneti Marelli currently manufactures the AMT boxes for Indian manufacturers. When the Maruti Suzuki Celerio was launched, there was a huge waiting period for the AMT variant, especially since they are imported from Thailand. Magneti is looking at setting up a facility in India to cater to the growing demand of AMT boxes and this should happen before the Maruti Wagon R AMT is launched. This in future will also help Maruti to bring the AMT tech to more of its budget cars as well as price them very competitively.
Maruti is expected to price the new Wagon R AMT around Rs 40,000 more than the regular Wagon R Stingray.
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts