Suzuki Wagon R AMT launched in Indonesia
Suzuki have launched the Wagon R AMT in Indonesia. This car is making its way down to the Indian showrooms, expectedly in a couple of months. The Suzuki Wagon R AMT is available in the same spec-level as the Stingray in India.
The Suzuki Wagon R AMT looks the same as the Stingray and boasts projector headlamps and all-black interiors. Powering the Wagon R AMT is the same 1.0-litre K-Next engine which makes 68PS of power and 90Nm of torque. We have seen how the AMT is a boon in traffic conditions and also experienced it in both the Alto K10 and the Celerio. AMT also allows the manufacturer to quote a similar efficiency figure as the manual transmission, thereby attracting more buyers to its fold.
Magneti Marelli currently manufactures the AMT boxes for Indian manufacturers. When the Maruti Suzuki Celerio was launched, there was a huge waiting period for the AMT variant, especially since they are imported from Thailand. Magneti is looking at setting up a facility in India to cater to the growing demand of AMT boxes and this should happen before the Maruti Wagon R AMT is launched. This in future will also help Maruti to bring the AMT tech to more of its budget cars as well as price them very competitively.
Maruti is expected to price the new Wagon R AMT around Rs 40,000 more than the regular Wagon R Stingray.
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- FeaturesProduct review: Ixon RS Moto HP gloves
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV
- Review2018 Ford EcoSport S first drive review
- NewsTata Motors' shipments of Indian Army's Safari Storme 4X4 spotted
- NewsTesla releases some of its Model S autonomous driving software to coders
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition
- NewsSpec comparison: Hyundai Creta vs Honda BR-V vs Nissan Terrano vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Renault Captur
- NewsHero Electric planning new EV models to increase sales
- News2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted undisguised at the Nurburgring
- NewsMercedes-AMG launches the GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe OrangeArt and SLC 43 RedArt limited edition cars in India