Suzuki Wagon R AMT launched in Indonesia
Suzuki have launched the Wagon R AMT in Indonesia. This car is making its way down to the Indian showrooms, expectedly in a couple of months. The Suzuki Wagon R AMT is available in the same spec-level as the Stingray in India.
The Suzuki Wagon R AMT looks the same as the Stingray and boasts projector headlamps and all-black interiors. Powering the Wagon R AMT is the same 1.0-litre K-Next engine which makes 68PS of power and 90Nm of torque. We have seen how the AMT is a boon in traffic conditions and also experienced it in both the Alto K10 and the Celerio. AMT also allows the manufacturer to quote a similar efficiency figure as the manual transmission, thereby attracting more buyers to its fold.
Magneti Marelli currently manufactures the AMT boxes for Indian manufacturers. When the Maruti Suzuki Celerio was launched, there was a huge waiting period for the AMT variant, especially since they are imported from Thailand. Magneti is looking at setting up a facility in India to cater to the growing demand of AMT boxes and this should happen before the Maruti Wagon R AMT is launched. This in future will also help Maruti to bring the AMT tech to more of its budget cars as well as price them very competitively.
Maruti is expected to price the new Wagon R AMT around Rs 40,000 more than the regular Wagon R Stingray.
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory