Suzuki Wagon R AMT launched in Indonesia
Suzuki have launched the Wagon R AMT in Indonesia. This car is making its way down to the Indian showrooms, expectedly in a couple of months. The Suzuki Wagon R AMT is available in the same spec-level as the Stingray in India.
The Suzuki Wagon R AMT looks the same as the Stingray and boasts projector headlamps and all-black interiors. Powering the Wagon R AMT is the same 1.0-litre K-Next engine which makes 68PS of power and 90Nm of torque. We have seen how the AMT is a boon in traffic conditions and also experienced it in both the Alto K10 and the Celerio. AMT also allows the manufacturer to quote a similar efficiency figure as the manual transmission, thereby attracting more buyers to its fold.
Magneti Marelli currently manufactures the AMT boxes for Indian manufacturers. When the Maruti Suzuki Celerio was launched, there was a huge waiting period for the AMT variant, especially since they are imported from Thailand. Magneti is looking at setting up a facility in India to cater to the growing demand of AMT boxes and this should happen before the Maruti Wagon R AMT is launched. This in future will also help Maruti to bring the AMT tech to more of its budget cars as well as price them very competitively.
Maruti is expected to price the new Wagon R AMT around Rs 40,000 more than the regular Wagon R Stingray.
Starts Rs 4.21 Lakhs
- News2019 Ducati Diavel 1260 S: All you need to know
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip