Suzuki Wagon R AMT launched in Indonesia
Suzuki have launched the Wagon R AMT in Indonesia. This car is making its way down to the Indian showrooms, expectedly in a couple of months. The Suzuki Wagon R AMT is available in the same spec-level as the Stingray in India.
The Suzuki Wagon R AMT looks the same as the Stingray and boasts projector headlamps and all-black interiors. Powering the Wagon R AMT is the same 1.0-litre K-Next engine which makes 68PS of power and 90Nm of torque. We have seen how the AMT is a boon in traffic conditions and also experienced it in both the Alto K10 and the Celerio. AMT also allows the manufacturer to quote a similar efficiency figure as the manual transmission, thereby attracting more buyers to its fold.
Magneti Marelli currently manufactures the AMT boxes for Indian manufacturers. When the Maruti Suzuki Celerio was launched, there was a huge waiting period for the AMT variant, especially since they are imported from Thailand. Magneti is looking at setting up a facility in India to cater to the growing demand of AMT boxes and this should happen before the Maruti Wagon R AMT is launched. This in future will also help Maruti to bring the AMT tech to more of its budget cars as well as price them very competitively.
Maruti is expected to price the new Wagon R AMT around Rs 40,000 more than the regular Wagon R Stingray.
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19 - Camper trailer tourism
- FeaturesElectric Dreams: Honda e
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subsidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far