SVLL and Scania jointly launch 7-star bus service in India
Siddhi Vinayak Logistics Ltd (SVLL) has announced an ultraluxury inter-city bus service in association with Bangalore-based Scania Commercial Vehicle India Pvt Ltd.
SVLL and Scania officials including Scania India director (sales) Sivakumar (third from left), Scania MD Anders Grundströmer (centre) and SVLL chairman RC Baid (third from right) at the launch of the seven-star bus service in Surat
The '7 star' luxury passenger bus has been designed by Dilip Chhabria, founder of DC Design. The 31-recliner seater bus service promises a "plane-like experience" to inter-city commuters. The introduction of this new bus service took place at a ceremony in Surat, Gujarat.
The first operation under the title 'SVLL Connect' is scheduled to start towards the end of October this year between Mumbai and Surat. Other routes that will be connected by the 120 buses will be Mumbai-Pune, Mumbai-Surat, Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Mumbai-Bangalore and Surat-Ahmedabad, with stopovers at exclusive SVLL bus-stops.
The '7 star' luxury passenger bus has been designed by Dilip Chhabria, founder of DC Design
"With Scania's manufacturing expertise, Dilip Chhabria's automotive design and SVLL's network reach in the country, our combined capabilities will enhance our ability to offer world-class facilities to our customers in the space of intra-city bus services in India," said RC Baid, Chairman, SVLL.
The 31-recliner seater bus service promises a "plane-like experience" to inter-city commuters
"India has been one of our key focus markets and the country presents some very unique opportunities for a commercial vehicle manufacturer like us. This order is one more affirmation of the trust and acceptance of our vehicles," said Anders Grundstromer, MD, Scania Commercial Vehicles India.
SVLL is one of the largest fleet owners in India with about 6,000 commercial vehicles currently in service across the country.
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block