Tamo Racemo wins German Design Award 2018
The Tamo Racemo has been feted with the German Design Award (GDA) in the gold category for international excellence in 'exceptional product design'. The Racemo was unveiled earlier this year by Tata Motors' new division Tamo at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. The Tamo Racemo is the first of Tamo's products, a sports car built on a new modular platform called MOFlex MMS that could in the future also spawn hatchbacks, sedans, and SUVs. The Tamo Racemo project kickstarted just a little under two years ago, it was designed at Tata Motors Design Studio in Turin with renowned automotive designer Marcello Gandini initialising the early platform. The Racemo project IP was acquired by Tata Motors in 2007 with Dr Tim Leverton heading the engineering and Pratap Bose spearheading the design areas.
Guenter Butschek, CEO and MD, Tata Motors, said that winning the award is a proud moment and is a testament to the skill and passion of the Global Tata Motors Design team. Bose said his team is excited about bringing the car to India. The Racemo is a compact 2-seater sports car, measuring under 4 metres in length and with a ground clearance of 165mm. The Racemo comes powered by a mid-mounted 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine producing 190PS / 210Nm.
Power is delivered to the rear wheels through an advanced automated 6-speed transmission (AMT) using paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Tata Motors claims the Racemo is capable of accelerating to 100kmph in under 6 seconds. Eight months ago, it also became the first Indian sports car to be featured in international racing game Forza Horizon 3.
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards