Tamo Racemo wins German Design Award 2018
The Tamo Racemo has been feted with the German Design Award (GDA) in the gold category for international excellence in 'exceptional product design'. The Racemo was unveiled earlier this year by Tata Motors' new division Tamo at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. The Tamo Racemo is the first of Tamo's products, a sports car built on a new modular platform called MOFlex MMS that could in the future also spawn hatchbacks, sedans, and SUVs. The Tamo Racemo project kickstarted just a little under two years ago, it was designed at Tata Motors Design Studio in Turin with renowned automotive designer Marcello Gandini initialising the early platform. The Racemo project IP was acquired by Tata Motors in 2007 with Dr Tim Leverton heading the engineering and Pratap Bose spearheading the design areas.
Guenter Butschek, CEO and MD, Tata Motors, said that winning the award is a proud moment and is a testament to the skill and passion of the Global Tata Motors Design team. Bose said his team is excited about bringing the car to India. The Racemo is a compact 2-seater sports car, measuring under 4 metres in length and with a ground clearance of 165mm. The Racemo comes powered by a mid-mounted 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine producing 190PS / 210Nm.
Power is delivered to the rear wheels through an advanced automated 6-speed transmission (AMT) using paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Tata Motors claims the Racemo is capable of accelerating to 100kmph in under 6 seconds. Eight months ago, it also became the first Indian sports car to be featured in international racing game Forza Horizon 3.
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India