Tata 45X premium hatchback spied testing again
Tata Motors seems to be moving quickly in the development of its newest hatchback, the Tata 45X. The premium hatchback offering, which will rival the likes of the Hyundai Elite i20 and Maruti Suzuki Baleno, has spotted undergoing tests once again. Although camouflaged, the new spy pictures of the 45X reveal that the hatchback is losing some of the edgy design lines from its concept form, as it moves towards being production-ready. The big change that we can see are the more voluminous taillamps as against the sleek units we saw on the 45X concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, where the Tata H5X SUV was also shown.
Earlier, PV (passenger vehicle) business unit president Mayank Pareek had revealed that Tata Motors will launch the H5X in the first quarter of next year while the premium 45X hatchback will be launched in the second half of next year. Over the next three years, Tata Motors will develop an entire suite of products, including sedans and other products that are currently missing from their portfolio. By 2021, they hope to cover 90 percent of the passenger car market.
The 45X will come with large wheel arches and also bolder styling compared to what we have seen on the Tiago and the Bolt. We expect the cabin to feature premium materials and trims considering the 45X will take on the likes of the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, both of which come well equipped. We also hope Tata Motors to offer the latest connectivity options as well. The other aspect that we assume will already be there is a spacious cabin, an aspect where Tata cars never disappoint.
The powertrain options that might be offered in the 45X hatchback will be powerful iterations of the Revotron petrol and Revotorq diesel engines. And with the recent showcase of the Tata-JTP cars, we expect Tata Motors to churn out a performance-spec version as well. As long as the Tata 45X fits in the sub-4m size and engine capacity under 1.2L, it will enjoy a better tax slab, resulting in a more competitive price.
Image credit: CarDekho
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019