Tata 45X premium hatchback spied testing again
Tata Motors seems to be moving quickly in the development of its newest hatchback, the Tata 45X. The premium hatchback offering, which will rival the likes of the Hyundai Elite i20 and Maruti Suzuki Baleno, has spotted undergoing tests once again. Although camouflaged, the new spy pictures of the 45X reveal that the hatchback is losing some of the edgy design lines from its concept form, as it moves towards being production-ready. The big change that we can see are the more voluminous taillamps as against the sleek units we saw on the 45X concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, where the Tata H5X SUV was also shown.
Earlier, PV (passenger vehicle) business unit president Mayank Pareek had revealed that Tata Motors will launch the H5X in the first quarter of next year while the premium 45X hatchback will be launched in the second half of next year. Over the next three years, Tata Motors will develop an entire suite of products, including sedans and other products that are currently missing from their portfolio. By 2021, they hope to cover 90 percent of the passenger car market.
The 45X will come with large wheel arches and also bolder styling compared to what we have seen on the Tiago and the Bolt. We expect the cabin to feature premium materials and trims considering the 45X will take on the likes of the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, both of which come well equipped. We also hope Tata Motors to offer the latest connectivity options as well. The other aspect that we assume will already be there is a spacious cabin, an aspect where Tata cars never disappoint.
The powertrain options that might be offered in the 45X hatchback will be powerful iterations of the Revotron petrol and Revotorq diesel engines. And with the recent showcase of the Tata-JTP cars, we expect Tata Motors to churn out a performance-spec version as well. As long as the Tata 45X fits in the sub-4m size and engine capacity under 1.2L, it will enjoy a better tax slab, resulting in a more competitive price.
Image credit: CarDekho
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019
- NewsUpcoming 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class interior revealed in new spy images
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up