Tata Altroz hatchback teased ahead of its December 3 India launch
Tata Altroz, an India bred hatchback to take on the likes of Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo, Toyota Glanza and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has been teased once again ahead of its December 3 India launch. That said, the Altroz, Altroz EV and the Nexon EV are expected to be the show stoppers at Tata's pavilion in 2020 Auto Expo that is scheduled for February 7-12.
The Altroz has been showcased before at Geneva Motor Show this year and the manufacturer has unveiled the interiors of the hatchback in a promotional video.
The Altroz is based on Tata's ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) modular architecture and is expected to spawn other body styles in the years to come. The feature list could include keyless entry, climate control, touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted controls and rear AC vents. On the outside the hatchback gets projector headlamps - all-LED tail lamps. Also, higher variants could see 16-inch alloy wheels on offer
The drivetrains are expected to be shared with the Tata Nexon crossover. The Altroz will be offered in India with BSVI compliant 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol and 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engines, both producing about 100PS. The engines will be mated to a manual gearbox, however, expect an optional automatic in the trim levels.
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.84 Lakhs
- ReviewComparison test: 2020 Audi A6 45 TFSI vs 2019 Mercedes-Benz E 200 LWB
- NewsBentley Continental GT Pikes Peak launched to celebrate record run, limited to 15 units
- NewsHusqvarna Svartpilen 250, Vitpilen 250 unveiled - India launch in 2020
- NewsKTM 390 Adventure officially unveiled in India - alongside KTM 790 Adventure
- NewsHyundai to invest $52bn over six years in R&D, electrification, autonomous tech and flying cars