Tata Altroz hatchback teased ahead of its December 3 India launch
Tata Altroz, an India bred hatchback to take on the likes of Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo, Toyota Glanza and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has been teased once again ahead of its December 3 India launch. That said, the Altroz, Altroz EV and the Nexon EV are expected to be the show stoppers at Tata's pavilion in 2020 Auto Expo that is scheduled for February 7-12.
The Altroz has been showcased before at Geneva Motor Show this year and the manufacturer has unveiled the interiors of the hatchback in a promotional video.
The Altroz is based on Tata's ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) modular architecture and is expected to spawn other body styles in the years to come. The feature list could include keyless entry, climate control, touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted controls and rear AC vents. On the outside the hatchback gets projector headlamps - all-LED tail lamps. Also, higher variants could see 16-inch alloy wheels on offer
The drivetrains are expected to be shared with the Tata Nexon crossover. The Altroz will be offered in India with BSVI compliant 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol and 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engines, both producing about 100PS. The engines will be mated to a manual gearbox, however, expect an optional automatic in the trim levels.
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.84 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kalyani group of companies contributes Rs 25 crore to fight pandemic
- NewsRacing games for smartphone that will keep you busy in quarantine
- NewsAutomotive podcasts to get you through the lockdown
- News2020 Hyundai Verna: Things you may like and dislike
- FeaturesCorona Crisis has Some Silver Linings Too
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055