Tata Gravitas seven-seater SUV based on Harrier to be launched in India in February 2020
Tata Motors has confirmed the name of its upcoming seven-seater SUV based on the Harrier, the Gravitas. The company has also confirmed that the SUV will be launched in the country in February 2020 which should be at the 2020 Auto Expo in India. The Tata Gravitas, like the Harrier, will be built on the OMEGA (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced) Architecture, which has been derived from Land Rover's D8 platform. We expect the Tata Gravitas to be between Rs 1- 2 lakh more premium than the Harrier and will compete with the likes of Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass in India.
"We are elated to reveal the name of our latest SUV offering the Tata GRAVITAS. With this, we are excited to offer to our customers, yet another state-of-the-art product. The GRAVITAS will up the ante in terms of luxury and performance and we are excited to launch this product to customers in February 2020. We are confident that the GRAVITAS will inspire and lead as a product among customers and industry alike." Mayank Pareek - President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors.
Tata Gravitas SUV spotted testing in India (Image courtesy: RushLane)
Powering the Tata Gravitas SUV will be the same 2.0-litre FCA sourced Multijet diesel engine called the Kryotec. This engine also does duty in the MG Hector and also the Jeep Compass. It is being said that this engine will make more power than the one offered in the Harrier in its BS-VI compliant version. We also expect Tata Motors to offer the Hyundai's automatic unit in the Gravitas SUV that will also be offered in the Harrier at a later stage. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we bring more updates about the SUV in India.
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.18 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055