Tata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
A Tata Motors representative has revealed launch timelines of Tata Motors H5X SUV and 45X hatchback. Speaking to Times of India in Kolkata, PV business unit president Mayank Pareek said that Tata Motors will launch the H5X in the first quarter of next year while the premium 45X hatchback will be launched in the second half of next year.
Over the next three years, Tata Motors will develop an entire suite of products, including sedans and other products that are currently missing from their portfolio. By 2021, they hope to cover 90% of the passenger car market, Pareek said.
The production H5X will be powered by the Multijet II engine from FCA, as seen in the Jeep Compass, in two states of tune - 140PS for the 5-seater version and 170PS for the 7-seater. Both two and four-wheel drive will be available and transmission options will be a 6-speed manual and automatic. The 5-seater will be launched by mid-2019 and should come in the Rs. 9 to 15 lakh price bracket.
The new SUV will be based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture), will involve the use of cheaper materials and components to keep costs down.
The Tata 45X will feature the Impact 2.0 design language that the H5X SUV also features. According to the new design language, the front will feature a humanity line that runs between the lights and under the grille, that has been on all new-age Tata cars. Additionally, the 45X will come with large wheel arches and also bolder styling compared to what we have seen on the Tiago and the Bolt.
We expect the cabin to feature premium materials and trims considering the 45X will take on the likes of the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, both of which come well equipped. We also hope Tata Motors to offer the latest connectivity options as well. The other aspect that we assume will already be there is a spacious cabin, an aspect where Tata cars never disappoint.
The powertrain options that might be offered in the 45X hatchback will be powerful iterations of the Revotron petrol and Revotorq diesel engines. And with the recent showcase of the Tata-JTP cars, we expect Tata Motors to churn out a performance-spec version as well.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 42.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa