Tata Harrier Automatic spotted ahead of its official launch
Tata Harrier was launched in India on 23 January 2019, within a month an automatic variant of the same was spotted on test. The automatic gearbox expected in the Harrier could be sourced from Hyundai and could be the same six-speed torque converter unit as seen in the Hyundai Tuscon.
The Tata Harrier was launched in four trims with manual transmission only, however, the demand for an automatic transmission cannot be overlooked as the SUV shares the same market space with some premium cars on offer.
We expect the automatic transmission to be offered in the top and second to top trim, which is the XT+ and the XT trim and will cost a premium of a Rs 1 lakh over the current prices of the SUV.
Powering the Tata Harrier is a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine which produces 140PS and 350Nm of torque. The diesel mill is yet to be updated to be compliant with the BS-VI norms which will be introduced from 1 April 2020.
Tata Harrier is equipped with three different driving modes - City, Eco and Sport. The SUV also gets terrain response system such as Normal, Wet and Rough and with an addition of an automatic transmission the Tata Harrier will offer an hassle-free driving experience.
The Harrier is priced between Rs 12.69 lakh and Rs 16.25 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi and rivals the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500. Expect a seven-seater SUV by Tata to break cover at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The upcoming SUV will be based on the H7X platform which was showcased at the 2018 Delhi Auto Expo.
Image Source - Gaadiwaadi.com
Also see: Tata Harrier vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra XUV500 vs Jeep Compass Comparo Video
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block