Tata Harrier automatic SUV could launch in India by February 2020
Certain sources at the dealer level have conveyed to us that Tata Motors is expected to launch the Tata Harrier SUV with an automatic transmission by February next year. There is also expect to be a variant rejig which will bring new features like a sunroof. We think this version could debut at the 2020 Auto Expo, where the brand is also expected to showcase the seven-seater version of the Harrier. A Rs 1 lakh premium over the manual version can be expected for the automatic.
The Tata Harrier is currently powered by the 2.0-litre FCA sourced diesel engine, also seen on SUVs like the Jeep compass and MG Hector. The Harrier uses this motor in its lower state of tune, making 140PS although the torque figure is unchanged at 350Nm. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The upcoming six-speed automatic is rumoured to a Hyundai-sourced unit.
The Harrier is based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level D8 SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) involves the use of cost-effective materials and components.
The Harrier is offered in four trim levels. Here's what you get in each.
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.18 Lakhs
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055