Tata Harrier PHEV in the works
We've already reported that the Tata Harrier seven-seater will debut by the end of 2019. Other than this, Tata Motors is also working on a hybrid powertrain for its flagship SUV.
The Omega architecture that underpins the Harrier is already compatible with alternative fuel powertrains, various Land Rovers come with this setup already. Also, a PHEV setup is what Tata will go with given that this negates, to some extent, range anxiety and a dependence on a strong charging infrastructure.
There is now information on the size of the battery pack or the engine but we assume that this will be a diesel motor, given Tata Motor's traditional affinity towards this fuel. The battery pack could be around the 30kWh capacity.
The Harrier PHEV will probably find its way to our market in 2020 or later. The company is working on an automatic gearbox for the Harrier too, the hybrid will invariably follow that.
Prices for the Harrier were recently revealed. The base XE trim costs Rs 12.69 lakh while top-of-the-line XZ comes in at Rs 16.25. These prices are introductory and ex-showroom.
The Harrier in its present form is powered by a 2.0 litre diesel engine from FCA, as seen in the Compass. The engine has been detuned here to produce 140PS and 350Nm. The Harrier comes with six airbags, ESP, ABS with EBD and a reversing camera as part of its safety kit.
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055