Tata Harrier SUV gets Apple Carplay connectivity
Tata Motors has updated the Harrier's infotainment to offer Apple Carplay connectivity. The firm's 8.8-inch Connecnext setup in the Harrier was only offered with Android Auto compatibility up until now. The Tata Tiago hatchback and Tigor compact sedan have received similar updates. For the cars already sold, we expect the firm to provide a software update to add this feature.
Under the Harrier's hood is the FCA-sourced 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine, dubbed Kryotec by Tata Motors. It has been detuned in the interest of better fuel efficiency (Tata Motors has not revealed the Harrier's claimed fuel efficiency figure yet). The engine offers 140PS in this guise, unlike the 173PS it offers in the Compass, though the torque output for the Harrier is identical at 350Nm. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and this is the only engine-gearbox combination on offer currently and while an automatic transmission is expected, there is no time line for that yet. Details on the Tata Harrier's performance here.
The Harrier (previously the H5X concept) is based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level D8 SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) involves the use of cost-effective materials and components.
The Harrier is available in four trim levels. Prices start at Rs 12.69 lakh for the base XE trim, which goes up to Rs 16.25 lakh for the top-spec XZ trim.
Image source: Facebook
Also see: Tata Harrier vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra XUV500 vs Jeep Compass Comparo Video
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055