Tata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
OVERDRIVE has learnt from viable sources at Tata Motors that the company will launch the seven-seater version of the Tata Harrier SUV, thus far codenamed the H7X by the end of 2019.
This will one of three major launches for Tata Motors next year. The first will be the Harrier in January 2019 and the other being the production version of the 45X premium hatchback.
The production version of the H7X will be based on a reworked version of the OMEGA architecture from the Harrier. The platform will most likely be stretched out to accommodate the third row of seats, building further on the impressive sense of space in the five-seater Harrier.
Engine and transmission options will remain the same as the Harrier. The Harrier uses the FCA's Multijet II from the Jeep Compass in a lower 140PS state of tune, the seven-seater will use the 173PS version from the Indian-spec Compass.
An automatic version is also being readied for the Harrier for launch next year and a similar arrangement will be made for the seven-seater. The Harrier currently uses the Compass' six-speed manual but with Tata's own tuning and clutch actuator.
The Harrier will also be continuously updated over the course of its life-cycle with small additions being made to the drivetrain, features and design.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru
- NewsNissan India to increase prices across its range from January 1, 2019
- NewsNew for 2020 Volkswagen Passat teased for North America
- Review2018 Hyundai Santro AMT road test review
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery