Tata Harrier SUV spied testing with production headlamps
A new set of spy images have revealed more details about the upcoming Tata Harrier SUV. This time around, the SUV seems to have moved one step closer to its final production spec. This example seems to be fitted with its final production spec headlamps.
From what can be seen from these images, the Harrier seems to be following the recent trend of car makers placing headlamps lowered down the vehicle front fascia and not in line with the grille. LED DRLs instead take up this spot in what could be a neat ploy to better handle the visual heft of the car. This has been seen SUVs like the new Hyundai Kona and the pre-facelift version of this generation of the Jeep Cherokee. The taillamps also seem to have not changed drastically from the H5X concept shown earlier this year, with the rear shown some clear Land Rover influence.
The Harrier will be powered by the Multijet II engine from FCA, as seen in the Jeep Compass. This motor will be supplied in two states of tune - 140PS for the 5-seater version and 170PS for the 7-seater. Both two and four-wheel drive will be available and transmission options will be a 6-speed manual and automatic. The 5-seater should come in the Rs. 9 to 12 lakh price bracket.
The Harrier SUV is expected to be priced around the Rs 12 lakh mark and compete with the likes of the Hyundai Creat and also the lower spec versions of the Jeep Compass. The SUV will go on sale in early 2019 with production taking place at Tata's Pune plant.
Image Source: TeamBHP
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer