Tata Hexa prices start from Rs 12.30 lakh in India
Yes! you read it right. While Tata Motors was all set to announce prices of its biggest product yet, the Hexa MPV, a leak on the official website and by a dealer confirms the prices. The Tata Hexa range starts from Rs 12.30 lakh and goes all the way to Rs 19 lakh, ex-showroom Coimbatore.
The Tata Hexa is being marketed in all of nine trims and with diesel engines. Only the base XE trim will be made available with the 150PS/320Nm 2.2-litre turbodiesel and a 5-speed manual transmission. This strategy is similar to the one Tata used with the Zest, which is available with a 75PS engine but only in the base and mid variant. This lower-spec variant is probably aimed at fleet operators, which was the market in which it's predecessor, the Aria, mostly succeeded in. Other variants get the 156PS/400Nm tune from the same engine but with a 6-speed manual and automatic options. The top-end manual in the meanwhile will also get a 4x4 option with different driving modes on offer.
The interior of the Tata Hexa is a premium space with a touchscreen infotainment system from Harman and many other niceties. It looks all set to take on the segment leader, the Toyota Innova Crysta. To take the fight to the Toyota's camp, Tata will also be selling body as well as interior kits separately with the Hexa. These kits can take the on-road cost of the vehicle well into the Rs 22 lakh bracket but are sure to enhance the premium feel and appeal that Tata so badly wants the car to have.
Read our review of the new Tata Hexa here
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.65 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed