Tata and Land Rover to develop two new SUVs together
While Tata Motors has been in control of the Indian operations of Jaguar Land Rover for some time now, its cars have continued to be developed separately from the British brand. However, recently news has emerged that the board at Tata Motors has approved the development of two future Tata SUVs with help from Land Rover.
2013 Land Rover Freelander 2
So far Tata has stayed away from Land Rover and kept the two businesses independent of each other and this will be the first time they combine forces. These vehicles are expected to be five and seven seater SUVs. The main intention behind the co-development is to come up with vehicles that will attract demand for Tata in foreign markets. The platforms for these vehicles will be new and shared between the companies. There is also a possibility that the SUVs will use some form of the new 2.0-litre Ingenium engine that Jaguar has newly developed for the XE.
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
- NewsBenelli India inaugurates a new showroom in Mumbai
- NewsTata Tiago JTP hatchback and Tigor JTP compact sedan updated with features in India